You may have missed a significant update that was introduced in the latest subscription update to Inventor – 2018 update 1. The long standing performance issue when using threads and threaded holes has now been resolved. Instead of the long waiting period while excel and thread spreadsheet is loaded, we now see almost instant response when accessing thread data.
The update can be downloaded from your Autodesk account portal or through the Autodesk desktop app.
Here are details of that fix and some other enhancements you may have missed in the readme:
- The performance issue loading Thread/Clearance data is resolved + Inventor now reads the Excel spreadsheet for Thread or Clearance data using the Excel libraries, and no longer loads Excel even when Excel is installed on the local machine.
Attention: The environment variable UseLibXL is no longer required, and should be removed from your system as it can prevent Excel from being used for table write operations.
- Bill of Materials Thumbnail Enhancement
Thumbnail images are now exported along with the other information in the Bill of Materials dialog box + The Thumbnail column must be included as a column in the Bill of Materials dialog box for the thumbnails to export to the external file
- Drawing view updates
Drawing view updates now occur faster due to a change in how view edits are processed + In response to 3D model edits, drawing views update only the portion of the view that has changed.
- iLogic Productivity Improvements
New Robust Events Trigger Workflow
The Rules Triggered by Events dialog box is replaced by the new Event Trigger dialog box:
– Rules defined under External Rule Directories in the iLogic Configuration dialog box display under External Rules in the new Event Trigger dialog box.
– Quickly assign external event triggers to multiple file types + Select a tab, and then drag and drop a rule under External Rules to an event.
– Use the Parts, Assemblies, Drawings tabs to manage document type specific rules.
– Use the new file, RulesOnEvents.xml, to manage external rules.
+ RulesOnEvents.xml stores the external triggers for All documents, Parts, Assemblies, and Drawings.
+ RulesOnEvents.xml is located in the first External Rules Directory as specified in the iLogic Configuration dialog box.
+ You can share the file on a network drive.