The measure tool can prove very useful when a quick measurement needs to be taken from a model. It can be found under the tools ribbon under measure. But what data can you gain from the measurement tool?
- Edge Length
- Perimeters and areas of faces
- Diameters or circles and arcs
- Distance between points, hole centres, edges, faces, and components
- Angles between two edges or faces
- Position of a point relative to the origin of the active coordinate system
- Accumulated values between selections (Inventor 2018.2)
- Customisable precision values
The video below shows how you can access these bits of data, and how the new accumulation tool can benefit you.