Micro Concepts Inventor Tools is an add in application containing a collection of tools and utilities to enhance Autodesk Inventor.
Inventor tools and updates are only available for use in the U.K. by customers with a current Micro Concepts support contract.
To run the tools a unique authorisation code is required per machine. A request code is generated when the product is first run. An authorisation code is issued that ties in with your request code and contract expiry date. A new code is issued on renewal of your contract.
5 ways Inventor Tools can help you
1. Automating data entry ( a pre-requisite for Vault Basic)
Keying the wrong information when adding text information to Parts, Assemblies & Drawings makes it difficult to interpret search results.
- Lookup lists of pre-defined data
- Mandatory entry so the designer has to input
- Force uppercase
- Force creation on save
- Max character length
2. Automating file creation on save
When saving your drawing you want to automatically create a different file type such as PDF, DWG or DXF & store in same folder.
Being able to create a set of DXF files ready for manufacture at the same time as the main drawing can save a lot of time.
3. Drawing Enhancements
- Delete Orphaned Dimensions globally
- Centre Dimension Text globally
- Open Ballooned Component
- Renumber Balloons
- Isolate, Hide, Show All
4. Assembly Enhancements
- Insert & Fix
- Copy & Replace
- Update Styles in all files referenced by Assembly
- Toggle Suppression in All Levels of Detail
- Toggle browser names between default & value in import
- Add constraint midplane between two pairs of faces
5. Micro Concepts Community Help
Direct remote connection for GoToAssist
- Benefit- Don’t have to visit website and navigate to find Link
Product Support Report
- Benefit – Captures steps when creating crash or error
- Benefit – record issue and auto email support with files
- Set file properties – fully configurable iProperty enhancement/enforcement tool including auto numbering
- Automatically Save as DWF/PDF/DXF/Step (Auto Snapshot command and on Save)
- Enhanced Save as (update and save as associated idw also)
- Open explorer
- Copy physical properties and flat pattern extents to custom parameters and properties
- Pack and go from within Inventor!
- Support Request
- Remote help support tool
- Replay Part
- End Of Part Toggle
- Reset Face Colours
- Reset Display Name
- Toggle edge display
- Open From Balloon
- Balloon Renumber
- Export Parts List to Existing Excel Workbook
- Automatically Create PDF
- Layer utilities
- Toggle Suppression in all Level of Details
- Library Browser Tool
- Update Styles in All
- Copy and replace component (and associated idw!)
- Insert & Fix
- Change Referenced Assembly
- Copy and Replace Referenced Assembly