Adapted from the Autodesk SDK Vault mirror tool, this tool allows you to completely or partially mirror the latest vault contents, but picks up on PDF files only. It can be run from a form or from the command line as a scheduled task. All instructions are as per the Autodesk SDK mirror tool. This is provided as is, as per the original tool, and is unsupported in any form. If it works the way you want and you can make use of it then that’s great. If not and you require customisation let us know and we can let you know what’s possible and for how many pieces of silver.
Vault Mirror PDF creates a read-only mirror of the PDF files within a Vault. The mirror will contain the same files and directory structure as seen from Vault Explorer. It’s similar to running the “Get Entire Folder” command on the root folder, but Vault Mirror is smart enough to pull down only the needed files.
When used with Windows Task Scheduler, Vault Mirror can be used to create remote copy of the latest versions of the Vault file tree.
– Full Mirror command which fully arranges the mirror folder to be identical to the Vault. This command may take a while to run depending on the size of the Vault.
– Partial Mirror command which pulls down files added since the last command was run. This command is a quick alternative to performing a Full Mirror.
– Can be run from UI or command line
– Run VaultMirror.exe
– Fill in the appropriate data. Make sure that your mirror folder is not being used for something else. Otherwise you run the risk of files getting deleted or overwritten.
– Click on the “Full Mirror” button
COMMAND LINE USE:
Usage: VaultMirror [-PartialMirror | -FullMirror] [-U user] [-P pass] [-S server] [-V vault] [-L logfile] [-F mirrorFolder] [-WF] [-noFail]
-F Specifices where to download the files.
-WF Causes Vault Mirror to download based on the working folder settings.
Either -F or -WF must be used, but not both.
-noFail If this parameter is set, Vault Mirror will continue to the next file if there is a download error. By default Vault Mirror aborts on the first failure.
KEEPING YOUR FILES IN SYNC:
Vault Mirror does not enable a “real time” view of the Vault. However it can be run frequently to insure that the files are mostly current.
After the Full Mirror is run from the UI, set up a scheduled task from the Control Panel. A Partial Mirror is a fast operation so it can run every 10 minutes or so. A Full Mirror takes much longer, so a separate task can be scheduled to run every week or so.
– Modification of files in the mirror will NOT propagate back to the Vault itself.
– Partial Mirror will only pick up added files and new check-ins. It will not detect deleted files or folders. If a file or folder is renamed, the new name will be pulled down, but the old name will not be deleted. Performing a Full Mirror will correctly remove deleted and renamed files or folders.
– Login data is automatically saved in a file called settings.dat. This file is unencrypted, so it is a potential security hole.
– BUG: When running from the command line, messages cannot be written to the console. To see error or success messages, use the -L option to write messages to the logfile then view the file.